Some Fun Facts about February
Posted at 24 Jan 15:15h
- In common years, February can pass without a single full moon. The last time
this happened was in 2018.
- Once every six years, February is the only month that has four, full seven-day
- February starts on the same day of the week as March and November in
common years, and on the same day of the week as August on leap years.
- February ends on the same day of the week as October every year.
- In leap years, it is the only month that begins and ends on the same weekday.
- People born on a leap year technically celebrate their birthday only once every
four years, but most observe it on the 28th.
- Despite its status as the shortest month, February is packed with many events,
including Valentine’s Day and Groundhog Day.
- Americans celebrate the birth of two presidents in February, as well as Black
- Mexicans celebrate Flag Day in February, while residents of St. Lucia celebrate
their Independence Day.
- February is also a time for families, especially in Canada, where Family Day is
celebrated on the third Monday of the month in many provinces.